Articles I have written (or been interviewed for) have appeared on Healtline.com, Prevention.com, and Answers.com. My award-winning article, I’m Taking These 4 Steps to Help Lower My Cholesterol, was published on Healthline.com on April 11, 2017.
In 2013-14, I wrote as Cholesterol Category Expert for Answers.com. Links to those published articles are below. Note: nearly all of my Answers.com articles were published before the seismic November 2013 shift in how the medical community interprets cholesterol results and revised dietary guidelines. See my post, New Cholesterol Guidelines – An App For That for information explaining why cholesterol targets are no longer used and how the revised guidelines treat cholesterol and heart disease risk.
Articles Published on Answers.com:
- Cholesterol Resources and Useful Links
- What is Atherosclerosis?
- No More Fasting for a Cholesterol Test?
- The Fish Oil and Cholesterol Connection
- What Are Lipids and Lipoproteins?
- The Danger of Grapefruit and High Cholesterol (grapefruit and Rx medicine interactions)
- Red Grapefruit Can Lower Cholesterol
- Calculating Heart Disease Risk
- How To Calculate Cholesterol Ratios
- Why High Triglycerides Matter
- What Causes High Triglycerides?
- The Coffee and Cholesterol Connection
- Natural Supplements To Lower Cholesterol
- Just Say No to Niacin
- High Cholesterol in Children
- The Thyroid and Cholesterol Connection
- Foods That Can Help Lower Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol Foods to Avoid
- Heart-Healthy Restaurant Choices
- Cholesterol Absorption Inhibitors
- Being Health Conscious: A Low Cholesterol Chicken Recipe
- The Shrimp Cholesterol Connection
- How to Interpret the Results of Your Free Cholesterol Screening
- Suggestions for a Low Cholesterol Breakfast
- Sugar Affects High Cholesterol
- Choosing Heart-Healthy Cooking Oils
- Why It’s Important To Monitor Cholesterol
- Can Cinnamon Reduce Cholesterol?
- How Exercise Improves Cholesterol
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Cholesterol
- Five Tasty Low-Cholesterol Recipes
- 6 Foods to Help Lower Your Triglyceride Levels
- Cholesterol Risk Factors
- The Facts About Healthy and Unhealthy Dietary Fats
- Making the Shift to Heart-Healthy Foods
- Top Cholesterol Monitors for Your Budget
- 5 Cholesterol Books That Will Help Your Health
- Danger: Foods to Avoid When it Comes to Cholesterol
- Cheerios and Cholesterol: Do They Really Help?
- Cholesterol Pills: 5 Facts You Need to Know
- How To Convert and Understand Cholesterol Measurements
- In Depth Cholesterol Testing
- The Tie Between Alcohol and Cholesterol: Good or Bad?
- Natural Remedies: What is Berberine?
- The Campaign Behind The Red Dress
- 8 Heart-Healthy Pizza Options
- National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP)
- Important Dyslipidemia Guidelines Everyone Should Know
- The Uses and Benefits of the Guggul Herb on Cholesterol
- Can Cholesterol Be Too Low?
- 5 Online Resources for Cholesterol
- Cholesterol Gallstones: Causes and Treatment
- 6 Common Statin Cholesterol Medications
- Uncommon But Important Cholesterol Tests
- A Low Cholesterol Take On Melissa Clark’s Green Goddess Chicken
- FDA Labels Partially Hydrogenated Oils Unsafe
- New Cholesterol Statin Drug Guidelines
- New Cholesterol Treatment Calculator Flawed?
- Heart Healthy Cranberry Recipe for Thanksgiving
- Cholesterol Testing: The Process Explained
- Chickpeas Help Lower Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol Foods to Avoid This Holiday Season
- Health Benefits of Apples
- Can Sleeping Patterns Affect Your Cholesterol?
- What Is Myocardial Infarction?