Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Garlic Roasted Potatoes, adapted from Ina Garten, are simple and delicious – you just need an hour to prep and cook.
A few notes:
- If you use foil, make sure it’s non-stick.
- If you’re working with baby potatoes, they might only need 30-45 minutes to cook.
- Personally, I use only small baby red potatoes to minimize chopping, I add FAR more garlic than called for in the original recipe, and I don’t bother with the parsley.
Adapted from Ina Garten
- 2 pounds small baby red potatoes approximately
- good olive oil extra virgin
- kosher salt dash (1 tsp max)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- minced garlic 6-10 cloves
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
Wash and dry the potatoes.
Cut the potatoes in half (or quarters) to a roughly uniform size, and place in bowl. Spray or slick potatoes with just enough olive oil to lightly coat (not too much). Add salt, pepper, and minced garlic, and mix. (If you don't want to clean a bowl, just do this on the prepared baking sheet!)
Spread potatoes into one layer (with 1 cut side down) on baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, then flip with spatula to brown evenly.
Continue cooking until browned and crispy - depending on size of potatoes can be 30-45 minutes.
Ina Garten's recipe calls for more olive oil, more salt, less garlic and fresh parsley for serving. Original recipe here: https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/garlic-roasted-potatoes.